VIVA AEROBUS REPORTS ON PROFECO'S ACTIONS
Published Friday, November 12, 2021
Regarding the information released today by the Federal Consumer Protection Agency in Mexico (PROFECO, for its acronym in Spanish), the airline states the following:
- None of Viva Aerobus’ flights, or its tickets sale, is affected by the process initiated by PROFECO.
- Viva Aerobus baggage policies fully comply with the provisions of the Mexican Civil Aviation Law. The airline's regular fare, Viva Smart, includes two pieces of hand luggage up to 15 kg and checked baggage of up to 25 kg, as established in current legislation.
- Viva Aerobus goes one step further in terms of bundling its fares for the benefit of passengers, aware of travelers´ multiple needs, offering different travel bundles with additional discounts to its standard fare, Viva Smart. It also offers Zero, Light and Extra fares, which imply relevant discounts to passengers who travel lighter with less or no checked baggage. Passengers are clearly informed during the purchase process about what they can transport depending on the travel option they acquire.
- These preferential fares comply the provisions of the Mexican General Civil Aviation Law, Chapter X Bis on the rights and obligations of passengers, Article 47 Bis, Section X, Fourth paragraph:
“"In the event that the passenger decides to travel without luggage, the concessionaire or permit holder may offer a preferential fare for the benefit of the passenger."
- All passengers and interested parties can consult this section of the Law available on PROFECO’s website at the following link (page 22): https://www.profeco.gob.mx/politicasaviacion/pdf/LAC.pdf.
- Viva Aerobus recalls that one of its ultra-low-cost model’s pillars has been its low fares, giving more people the opportunity to fly. Consequently, its service proposal gives passengers the possibility to customize their flight, paying only for what they really need. This is possible thanks to an unbundling business model on optional services, also materialized in its baggage policies, being this scheme a common trend in the airline industry at global level.
- Viva Aerobus is a Mexican company with 15 years of experience providing a safe, reliable and affordable air transport service to more than one million passengers monthly, always conducted with strict adherence to law, ethics, transparency and integrity in all its operations.
- Viva Aerobus reaffirms its commitment to its passengers, who are the center of all its decisions, to provide a quality service at low prices that strengthens Mexico's air connectivity.