Shortcut links for your convenience

Anti-COVID-19 measures for flights to Mexico, the United States, Colombia, and Cuba. learn more. | Mexico entry requirements for Colombian citizens learn more

Grupo Viva Aerobus reported a 33% increase in net income in the third quarter of 2017

Published Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Mexico City, October 24, 2017.- Grupo VivaAerobus, holder of Mexico´s low cost airline, reported a 3% increase in its net income compared to the same period in 2016, reaching 409 million pesos with a margin of 18%.

Grupo Viva Aerobus also achieved an increase in its total operating revenues of 21%, compared to 3Q2016, reaching 2,279 million pesos.

These results were driven by the growth in the load factor, the most competitive prices in the market and the increase in capacity. In this sense, Grupo Viva Aerobus launched, during this quarter, 5 new routes, reaching 18 new releases, so far this year.

In addition, there was an increase in demand and passenger preference for Grupo Viva Aerobus, which has transported over 2.3 million passengers in this quarter, which represents a 17% increase over the same period of the previous year, and with a load factor of 91%, 2.7 percentage points higher than 3Q2016.

Moreover, in its financial report of the third quarter of 2017, Grupo Viva Aerobus shows the following:

  • Total operating revenues in 3Q2017 increased 21% compared to the same period in 2016; reaching 2,279 million pesos. From this total, passenger revenues accounted for 59% with 1,337 million pesos; and the remaining 41% corresponds to complimentary services with 942 million pesos. This is the result of a cost segmentation strategy, that allows passengers to only choose the services they really require and thus enjoy personalized travels.
  • Capacity measured in available seat kilometers (ASKs) totaled 2,645 million, representing an increase of 16% compared to 3Q2016. Besides, available seat-kilometer revenue reached 86.2 cents, an increase of 5% compared to 3Q16.
  • At the end of the third quarter of 2017, EBITDAR amounted 953 million pesos, an increase of 8% when compared to the third quarter of 2016. Its margin in 3Q2017 was of 42%.
  • Total operating expenses at the end of 3Q2017 were of 1,750 million pesos, an increase of 19% over the same period of the previous year. This variation is mainly due to the increase in the operating capacity, as well as increases from macroeconomic factors such as fuel and the exchange rate.
  • Long-term liabilities decreased 11% between September 30, 2016 and September 30, 2017, diminishing from 1,073 million pesos to 961 million pesos.
  • At the end of 3Q17, after receiving a new Airbus A320ceo aircraft, Grupo Vi-va Aerobus continues to expand its fleet, characterized by being one of the youngest in Mexico and the world, including 23 aircraft: 21 Airbus 320ceo and 2 Airbus 320neo. The result of this fleet modernization strategy has been the increase in capacity and operational efficiency.

“For the third time in the year, our quarterly results reflect not only the strength of our business model, but also the work of all the team that collaborates day by day to strive for a strategy focused on customer service, cost reduction and revenue opti-mization”, said Gian Carlo Nucci, CEO of Grupo Viva Aerobus.

About Grupo Viva Aerobus

It is the holding of several companies, including the airline Viva Aerobus.

About Viva Aerobus

Viva Aerobus is Mexico's low-cost airline. It started operations in 2006 and today operates the youngest Latin American fleet with 23 Airbus A320, including two A320neo on 85 routes seasonal to 36 different destinations. With a clear vision to give all people the opportunity to fly, Viva Aerobus has democratized the airline industry with the lowest rates in México and the lowest costs in Latin America, making their flights the best value offer.

All you need to fly

Monterrey International Airport. Terminal C, Miguel Aleman highway Km 24, Apodaca, NL, Mexico, C.P. 66600
Call Center
Mexico (Toll free) 81 82 150 150
United States +1 866 FLY VIVA (+1866 359 8482)

Facebook Link
Twitter Link
LinkedIn Link
Instagram Link

Monterrey International Airport. Terminal C, Miguel Aleman highway Km 24, Apodaca, NL, Mexico, C.P. 66600
Call Center
Mexico (Toll free) 81 82 150 150
United States +1 866 FLY VIVA (+1866 359 8482)